New Pick 6 Jackpot Tourney to Debut Sunday, March 3

In a little over a week, on Sunday, March 3, HorseTourneys will unveil a new offering that we hope you will enjoy. It’s a Pick 6 Jackpot tourney. Here’s how it works.

It’s a six-race tourney, with the six selected by us from among the day’s 12 featured-tourney races. Top finishers, based on the standard $2.00 win/place scoring method, share 70% of the payoffs, similar to the payout schedule of a typical, pool-style game. To get the other 30% of the pool, however, you have to have picked all six winners. If no one does so, the 30% carries over to the next Pick 6 Jackpot tourney. We’re starting the Jackpot out by seeding it at a nice round $1,000 to kick things off.

There is a limit of three entries per account in this game, which means you could conceivably use the same picks in five of the six races and go “three deep” in the other. Or you could just make completely different picks from one entry to the next, depending on how you see the races and what your strategy is. At the same time, you can be confident that no one will have too strong a position and buy their way in to the jackpot.

One other thing: To hit the jackpot, you “just” have to have all six winners. You don’t have to be the only person to do so. So if you like the chalk, play the chalk! If multiple people hit all six, multiple people will share the jackpot.

We’ve priced this tourney at $55.00 per entry—high enough, we think, to create attractive prizes and jackpots, but small enough for people to feel comfortable as they get the hang of things.

It’s just another option to pick from on the HorseTourneys menu—which we always try to keep fresh. See you on March 3.